Hello [subscriber.first_name] [subscriber.last_name]!
Welcome to Our Newsletter
by Dr. Jennifer Lagrotte, DMFT
As a new parent, I find that balancing my time has gotten increasingly difficult so I thought I'd share some techniques that I've learned along the way on how to be an effective parent while still having time for yourself and your partner. I know... easier said than done, but it is possible and here are some vital techniques for staying sane and still feeling good about yourself.
- Accept all help that is offered to you.
- Remember that nobody can parent your child exactly like you so when you ask for help, you need to step back and let that person do their best.
- Forget about making lists or setting goals every day. You can only do what you can do and you need to feel good about that.
- If you are a neat freak and do not have time to clean or straighten up, you need to remember that it will all get done.
- Take time for yourself and do something alone to remember who you are, even if its just 10 minutes.
- If your significant other wants to help, let them and do not correct them when they do because that help might not be offered again.
- If you have trouble letting go, then leave the house when someone else is watching your children. Go to the mall, go to a park, or just take a drive and be yourself.
- Date night! Even if you are so tired that date night is staying at home after the kids are asleep, it is so important to stay connected as a couple.
- Remember, the more balanced you are the better parent you will be, and the more you be able to give to your children.
- Keep on exercising, include the kids if you want!
- Try to eat as healthy as you can.
- Most importantly, remember that tomorrow is another day and today you did the best you could.
If you have any feedback for this newsletter or a topic of interest, please do not hesitate to email Jennifer@completecounselingsolutions.com.
Dr. Jennifer B Lagrotte, DMFT
Have you checked out the
Have you seen our
therapist guided assessments yet? We're adding new ones all the time! And if there's one you want to see, suggest a new one.
Free Free FREEEE!
You all ask for it and now we are excited to open up our first ever Free Therapy for a Month Contest. What do you have to do? Well, what you do online anyways. Whomever can promote Complete Counseling Solutions the most through blogs, forums, facebook, twitter, or any other social media outlet will receive either 1 webcam sessions, 2 text based sessions or unlimited email therapy for a month. How will we know who the winner is? Well, if you attract a paying client, you will be rewarded with free therapy or if you are actively trying and want us to know, just shoot us an email to email@example.com so we can track your efforts. So, what are you waiting for? Use your social media skills NOW to receive FREE Therapy.
How Can We Help You?
We at Complete Counseling Solutions are always interested in what you have to say. If there is an article, book, assessment or topic that interests you, please let us know so we can create it and post it to the site. We thank-you for your active involvement in our site!
The Forum Misses You!
If you haven't been to the forum lately, why not check it out again! Just a reminder, your forum username is [subscriber._forum_username]